Earned My Stripes…
Congratulations! You’re almost done with residency, and formally ending a very, very long training. Becoming an attending physician can be a shock to the system – how do you handle the increased income? How do you make sure you can afford your increasing student loan payments? Is Public Service Loan Forgiveness still worth it? Do you know what is expected of you if you are a 1099 employee in your new gig?
But before you get there, you need to make it out of residency and handle those couple of months of unemployment/being without a paycheck. In this series of lectures, we will address those costs and how to prepare for them, as well as the more fun (yes, finances can be fun – why else would we show up for work every day?) topics such as home buying and investing.
Our initial cohort for graduating residents will begin on September 6th, 2022, and end May 2nd, 2023. We know, that’s a long time. Don’t worry – the agenda is very stretched out in light of how busy we know your schedules are. Some months, like December, there won’t be a lecture at all, and the maximum you will have to listen to us drone on is twice per month. All of the lectures will be given live, but will be recorded, so you can learn at your own pace.
Our goal with these cohorts is to create a network of financially literate healthcare professionals. In that spirit, this is purely an educational experience. If you are looking for a little bit more hand holding, or want to offload some of those financial chores, you may be a better fit for our traditional financial wellness counseling or our financial planning through InsMed Financial Services. Always feel free to contact us if you have any questions.
What is included in this program?
- 13 live lectures that will be recorded
- Access to additional pre-recorded lectures that may go into more detailed information that is not relevant for all parties – for example, a lecture on buying a co-op vs a condo in New York City.
- “Cheat sheet” handouts to correspond with each lecture
- Relevant content given as follow up information for those who would like to take a deeper dive into a topic
- Guided exercises that correspond with the appropriate lecture
- Introduction to a network of other likeminded graduating residents from across the nation
What’s the damage?
- $275 per person
How do I sign up?
Fill out this form here and wait for an email from either Justin or Molly with more information.