Out of the Frying Pan…
Congratulations! You’re almost done with medical school – and ending one important chapter in your journey while speeding right into the next: residency.
In residency, you’ll spend most of your time training in a clinical setting learning how to administer medical care and working within the health care system. This may even be the first job, and pay check, for some of you or a career change for others. Learning about personal finances and how to transition into and through residency may not be part of your learning experience.
Our goal with these cohorts is to create a community of financially literate healthcare professionals. We have created a series of classes that will address relevant topics for new residents, such as understanding student loans and navigating employer benefits. Don’t have student loans? Not an issue – our goal with this curriculum is to teach everyone, meaning that some topics will be more relevant than others, but there will be something for everyone.
Our initial cohort for new residents will begin on May 4th, and end November 16th. All of the lectures will be given live, but will be recorded, so you can learn at your own pace.
What is included in this program?
- 10 live lectures that will be recorded
- Access to additional pre-recorded lectures
- “Cheat sheet” handouts to correspond with each lecture
- Relevant content given as follow up information for those who would like to take a deeper dive into a topic
- Guided exercises such as running a credit report and signing up for student loan repayment (with UberEats!)
- Introduction to a network of other likeminded new residents from across the nation
What’s the damage?
- $225 per person
How do I sign up?
Fill out this form here and wait for an email from either Justin or Molly with more information.